Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 at the Anarchy's Heart

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Let's start this off with a proper hello! This last year marked a lot of activity for my Chaos Blog. Although towards the end of 2010 my activity here did fall off due to a massive Valhallan IG project for gamesday I still took some time to build my chaos forces when I had time. As you can see by my recent Chaos Apocalypse post the forces under the command of Arkos are still strong and growing each day. With the split of my imperial forces to another blog the content here will be pure Chaos and forces of disorder now. I am also going to be cutting back on my participation in the Tournament scene. I have done the rounds in the tournament scene for the last few years, and I am now at the point where I enjoy the painting and building hobby aspect of this hobby more then going from tournament to tournament. I still enjoy the casual gaming but with the battle bunker now gone, my casual gaming has been dropping off, still this doesn't mean I will not  play anyone who want to throw down. In fact if plans go in the direction they are heading, I will see my share of gaming soon. The Ineptus Astartes club is planning to host a good size Escalation League and this blog will see a lot of action because of this event I hope. So let me share with you some thoughts on where I see the forces of Disorder are heading this year......

Alpha Legion and Legion of the Dragon: The primary force behind this blog. My Alpha Legion has been slowly working up this past year and right now it looks like they will be hiding among the stars for the foreseeable future. I still have 30 CSM troops to paint for this army, along with a Predator conversion, and possibly a Vindicator to go with the army. As for the LoD the IG Renegade forces have slowed down a lot to almost no action at this time. Mostly because of my involvement in my Valhallan army, one IG force at a time. Still I'm thinking about getting my Malcador tanks finally finished this year, along with a rattling force made out of Chaos Squats to join this force. I will also attempt to finish off the last platoon to bring them up to minimal size, and maybe a Marbo conversion. Last year I completed the conscript force, so we shall see what I can get done this time.

Grey Death Legion and Nurgle Allies: The GDL right now sits at the top of my list as my most complete force. Built to be a tournament army, this army was mostly built around its background but was also built to compete in the tournament circuit. I have a few things in the pipeline for the army to grow a little more in 2011. I hope to finally get the last Troop Choice finished this year, guess what kind it is. Heh! I also got Spawns making a appearance. Finally my second special character for this army might make it to my list finally straight out of the codex and in his terminator armor. As for allies, I am still not sure if I want bring the renegade War Pigs servants of decay into nurgles clutches. Right now the force is up to a full platoon and sentinel that serves as mercs for the LoD.  The units were fun and easy to paint, so we shall see where I want to take this force this year. Its looking like a fun green year for Nurgle!

Chaos Daemons: While this army would usually be attached to my CSM forces above, last year it grew in size to earn its own status as an autonomous force. My Daemon forces have grown so large they now field at least one force from each Chaos Power and more reinforcement are in route from the Warp. I suppose this is good with the possible release of new Grey Knights this year my daemons will be the ones hunted this year perhaps. The big to do out of this army will be my Forgeworld Khorne Great Daemon, will I finally have time to finish this great project, time will tell. I really want to finish it and make it the centerpiece of this fun army.

Phalanx of the Bronze Face Necron Forces: My Necron army has laid in slumber since the days of the Medusa V world campaign, I am still unsure as to what this year will bring for them. I have a few units in the middle of being painted, so expect a few bits to show up here. I also picked up some BFG ships for the raider fleet. Since this is my only army with a Battle Fleet Gothic force I plan on growing this force more then the ground forces so if your a fan of BFG and Necrons keep an eye out. I might even get a few players around here to give me a game or two of BFG with this fleet finally. Heh!

Dark Eldar: If you told me last year at this time I would own some new DE toys by the end of the year, I would have laughed in your face. I have to say the sculpts of this new army are really cool. This is going to be a mostly hobby project, where I will paint what I like and not drive it based on the codex. With an Archon already finished, and a unit of Trueborn Warriors and Raider already waiting to get primed on my desk this will be a fun army to slowly build up one unit at a time. It should be interesting to see what I grab next for this army.....

Other Projects: As for other things like Super Heavies and Terrain, I am thinking of a few things that come to mind I want to try and get done this year. Maybe if I have time I'll finish up a ShadowSword I picked up from a friend before the bunker closed. I'm also thinking of making some chaosy terrain for my armies to showcase them on. I would also love to build another Subjugator titan force my CSM forces. There is also the Escalation League coming up which I need to chose an army to use for. Right now I am thinking of something GREEN!! I'm still unsure if I want to go with it or not, so I will hold my tongue till I am 100% sure. I will be posting about this soon

Well good luck in 2011 with all of your projects and have fun....We've started a whole new year and it's going to be fun as always!

Enjoy! =)

No comments: