Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Return of Hive Fleet Eclipse!



Well it’s been a little over a year now that the current Tyranid codex came out. Due to various projects at the time I had to push back the rise of Hive Fleet Eclipse for a while now. If there is one xeno army of all the ones in 40K that I have always wanted to build and paint it was the nids. Mostly because of the Aliens look, but also because it was my 2nd fave army for a long time behind the Guard. For the last 2 editions of the nid codex I have been trying to get a chance to build this army, and with a recent lull in my various hobby projects I have a small window of time to work this army in finally. So I am now giving myself the rest of the year to get a 2K bug army fully painted and based, and I will attempt to get it done along with a few extra bits for fun, and maybe one day when I finish painting all of the bugs I have I’ll treat my army to a Big ForgeWorld Bug surprise. Right now I have a good color scheme that is a slight opposite of the current Hive Fleet Leviathan style with black for the base instead of the bone color. Hive Fleet Eclipse will be a splinter fleet of Leviathan, and the current storyline of the fleet is that it will be in conflict in the Eastern Fringe against the Alpha Legion and its minions. Here is my current inventory off the top of my head, but I know I have a few more units than just these, and more I plan to create.

1 Hive Tyrant
3 Tyrant Guards
1 Malanthrope (ForgeWorld)
2 Lictors (Special Edition from Army Box)
Deathleaper
2 Zoanthrope
30 Termagaunts
20 Termagaunts w/spinefist
40 Hormagaunts
1 Broodlord
14 Genestealers
6 Ripper Swarms (ForgeWorld)
3 Warriors
6 Ravener
3 Biovore
1 Carnifex (Screaming Killer Build)
1 Carnifex
1 Trygon (ForgeWorld Possibly to fill the role of a Prime)



I also still have a few other items in boxes that I haven’t had time to open and build. I bought a new Trygon box when it came out, as well as 2 boxed of Gargoyles, I have a few full warrior sprues along with some random warriors around with at least one warrior I plan to convert into a Warrior Prime. I also have the new Space Hulk box with a full inventory of Genestealers and a Broodlord, not to mention a bag full or some of the older plastic stealers. Finally I have some bits from Battle of Macragge box set I plan to use for objective markers, and at least one brood nest terrain piece from ForgeWorld to add something different to the army. It can be said that this army has been slowly building up in the last few years and now the biomass is ready, and the hivemind is waking up to unleash….so prepare for the rise of this Hive Fleet!


The FW Trygon is still the Coolest looking Bug put out there...in my opinion...


Enjoy! :)

No comments: